Kiru Taye's Reviews > Up In Flames

Up In Flames by Rosanna Leo

Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, erotic-romance
Read from June 18 to 24, 2012

Can I just say this; I enjoyed reading this book. Absolutely.
Here’s how the book started:

“Good Lord, give me strength. Please keep the local fire-fighters away from me. Keep me out of the path of hardened abs and tall men in uniform, for they are bastards, one and all. Amen.”

Tell me this little prayer didn’t put a smile on your face and make you curious. Of course you can’t tell me that because it did, just like it had me grinning silly when I started reading. Once you read that opening paragraph, you know a) that the author has a sense of humor which is always a bonus and b) that you’ve got a cracker of a story.

And what a cracker this was. It had humor, suspense, action and of course romance.

Juliet Baker, the heroine, was extremely likeable—strong with a sense of humor—what’s not to like. The last thing she wanted to do was fall in love with another fire-fighter after her ex broke her heart. And she did fight the attraction.

But who can resist a hunky Viking-esque fire-fighter, especially a tortured one at that. Shane Gaskill is just a dream come true. I certainly couldn’t resist his charms. Apparently he is a Tom Hardy lookalike. But I was picturing Chris Hemsworth frankly. Sorry, Rosanna. Chris is the only ‘Norseman’ I’m interested in at the moment. LOL.

Right, back to the review. I got a bit distracted there with Norsemen/gods.

So tortured hero plus touchy heroine make for an angsty read which is absolutely fine by me. The sexual tension between those two sizzled whenever they were on the page together. So much so that I skimmed the bits when they were not together just to get to when they were. I admit I’m an impatient reader. *big grin*

When they did eventually get it together, the love scenes were hot. Definitely needed a cooling drink afterwards. Of course once those two got in bed together, the real suspense began with an arsonist on the prowl.

I have to say I enjoyed watching Juliet and Shane fall in love. This was a real emotional read. I loved that Jules had family support and the way her family ‘adopted’ Shane. My only niggle was with Jules conversations with her sister. I know some sisters talk about everything. But it seemed their conversations were about the same things. But hey, that’s just me.

That said, this is a feel-good heart-warming sizzling story which I enjoyed.

My Recommendation
Yummy in a hot way. Buy it. Read it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Up In Flames.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo Hi Kiru. I know I expressed my thanks to you earlier about this review, but wanted to do it here as well. I know some readers picked it up because of this review, so thank you from the bottom of my heart!