Faith's Reviews > South of Bixby Bridge

1921690
Jun 18, 2012

liked it
Read from June 17 to 24, 2012

ok this book took me quit a while to get through. maybe it was just me but it read like listening its was Ben Stein saying the words. just very monotone if that makes sense when it comes to read a book.

but with that said the last 13% of the book (according to my kindle - 13%) the book took a surprising emotional turn. the ending actually gave the book one more star then i was going to originally give the book. the book left me emotionally broke, i dwelled on my terrible child that could totally trump this story. but there were a lot of heart felt talks that had a lot of great 'words of wisdom' that i took to heart & sat & thought about for quite a while.

i guess i just didnt put my whole heart into the book when reading it. i was just hoping for a differ genre i guess.

to wrap it up the story was good. awesomely written. just wasnt the right time for me to be fair to this slow paced book. i dont feel that im giving the book a fair judgement :/ im sorry to the author.

i will read another book from this author but need to pick the right story line for the right time!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read South of Bixby Bridge.

06/20/2012 page 26
9.0% "ok so im not sure about this book :/ it has the best reviews but i am just not getting into it. its alot slower then my normal reads but i'll keep going.

sooo i hope its gets to be a more active story soon

(fingers crossed cause i really want to loooove this story)"