Sarah C's Reviews > Elfhome

Elfhome by Wen Spencer

Jul 18, 12

Read in July, 2012

I still want more Tinker! Again, Wen Spencer takes some very disparate elements and weaves them into an interesting and unexpected journey. As the third book, i expected to know sortof where the story was going, sure, there were several groups at odds and that needed to be resolved but i found myself questioning ... where is this story going?

Spencer always has the ability to surprise me. I love it. So often i read books that follow the same paths as many others in the genre. Its nice to not know what the journey looks like ahead of time. I did feel like the reader was pulled in this direction or that direction with very little warning and sometimes it was disorientating. But by the end, all paths converged very nicely. I really hope this isn't the last book. Spencer is a great world builder but her writing is very focused on the characters. I want to learn more about the elves homeworld and politics but I also really enjoy the characters. Tinker seems to really start to become an adult in this installment. I'd love to see her cause more hovac for the elves.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elfhome.