Ashley's Reviews > Stalk Me

Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd

Feb 13, 15

bookshelves: 4-stars, angst-city, cavity-inducing-sweet, series, richie-rich, love-triangle
Read from August 25 to 27, 2012

“You're single. I'm single. Let’s mingle.” – Cush

Jillian Dodd, you just might be my new BFF. And that’s real talk! I was looking forward to reading Stalk Me ever since the cover reveal, and you had me hook, line, and nostalgic sinker from page one! Now…I’m going to be honest. I haven’t read That Boy or That Wedding yet. HOLD ON…CEASE FIRE!! I have both of them downloaded on my Nook, but I also have about 30 other books downloaded that I haven’t read yet either. After finishing Stalk Me, I have bumped both That Boy and That Wedding up on my “to-read” list. Needless to say, I loved this book!!!!

Stalk Me follows the story of boy crazy, sixteen-year-old, Keatyn Douglas. She lives a privileged life in Malibu; she’s pretty, popular, rich, and is dating one of the most popular boys in school. The only problem is that Keatyn starts to think that maybe all of the popularity isn’t what she wants anymore; she just wants to be herself without putting on an act to impress everyone.

So, I’ll admit that when I realized what kind of family and background Keatyn came from, I was a little worried that she wouldn’t be a relatable character. Her mom and her mom’s boyfriend are both famous movie stars, she lives in a beachfront house in Malibu, and has a closet that could rival department stores. I am sooo happy to admit that I was incredibly wrong!! Cripes, was I ever wrong! I had my Sander in high school; I was crazy about him at first and then started to question if I was just with him because everyone thought it would be crazy not to be with him. He was a great guy, a popular baseball player and was wonderful to me, but he just wasn’t doing it for me! I looked at him more as a friend than a boyfriend. When Keatyn started to question her relationship with Sander that was the moment I felt immediately bonded to her. I feel you, girl! At some point, you have to forget who everyone wants you to be with, or who everyone wants you to be, and just f*cking be who you want to be and date who you want to date; Screw everybody else!

Now…on to more important things; by that, I mean CUSH!!!!!!!! Christ on a cracker, I am 100% TEAM CUSH! Swoon City, Population: ME! The scenes between him and Keatyn had me grinning from ear to freaking ear…and one scene in particular made me feel like I had a pit in my stomach. I felt like I was in Keatyn’s shoes! I know it’s a good book if I’m so invested in a relationship that I feel like I’m the one going through all the sh*t! I just soooo want Keatyn and Cush together, and the fact that he bought her cowboy boots got him about 1,000 more points in my book. (Anybody who knows me, knows I loooove me a nice pair of cowboy boots!) I am from Kansas, after all! :)

I’m not sure how I feel about the end right now. Oh, and the reveal of the stalker was something that blindsided me! Literally, I felt like I got sucker punched. Stalk Me is touching, sexy, shocking, and just plain freaking awesome! I am waiting on pins and needles for Kiss Me to be published, because I need more of Keayton’s story in my life! Jillian Dodd, you have become one of my favorite authors with just one book. What does that tell y’all? It tells you that you should definitely read Stalk Me. Like, now.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalk Me.

08/27/2012 page 40
12.23% "Ohhh, Cush... *swoon*"

Leslie Nice review, Ashley! #kansasgirltoo

Ashley Thanks, Leslie :)

Marie Love the review! Im half-way through right now and I was only on page 60 before I knew straight away I was rooting for Cush. Like you said every time he and Keats had a scene together I was pissing myself laughing and grinning like a nutter. LOL.