Kolleen's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

2195113
Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from June 17 to 29, 2012

**SPOILERS** Eh. I guess this book would rate at about 3 1/2 stars for me. Of course, Ana and Christian get back together because they can't live without each other. They then decide to get married after five weeks of knowing each other. Meanwhile, Christian is deviating away from his sexual preferences while Ana is wanting the darkness. This book left me with even more gripes than the first one, as the writing never got any better but just more ridiculous:

1.) "You are so fucked-up." For someone that really is battling issues within himself that go much deeper than sexuality, it is appauling to call someone this. If my boyfriend/lover/fiancee were going through therapy to overcome a childhood where my mother was drugged out and dead and I was molested as a teenager, I certainly wouldn't be saying those words out loud! Rude, Anastasia!

2.) Ana always says that Christian "beat the shit" out of her. Hardly. People get kinky in bed and if she deems that domestic violence, yet continues to do it, that's her problem.

3.) Lastly, I am so sick of hearing about Ana's 'inner goddess' and enough with all the sex already! I know that this is what these books are about, but enough! Or if you are going to keep the sex going, at least make it new and exciting, not the same old boring scenarios repeated in bed, on the piano, the elevator, etc.

Anyways, not so horrible of a series that I am quitting, but this book definitely left me struggling to finish.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah I hate hate HATE that stupid inner goddess!

Kolleen thank you!