Virginia Campbell's Reviews > The After Wife

The After Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer

Jun 17, 12

bookshelves: fiction, paranormal, humor, romance, womens-fiction
Read in June, 2012

"The After Wife", by Gigi Levangie Grazer, took me outside of my reading box in an enjoyable manner. I believe that everyone has a right to grieve in their own way, and each of us moves on with our lives in our own time. Sometimes you have to face your biggest fears in order to poke holes in them, and then you can really learn to live. Hannah Bernal is a happily-married forty-something mom to a three-year-old girl. Life in L.A. is good for Hannah and her happy house-husband, John, a chef and cookbook author. When John is killed in a tragic accident, Hannah can't go on--can she? She tries her best to survive with the help of friends and family, some of whom are no longer among the living. That's right. Hannah sees dead people. That includes her late husband and also the deceased former owner of her home. If that's not enough to drive a widow-woman bonkers, Hannah loses her job. Life throws one curveball after another at Hannah, but eventually gets herself a catcher's mitt and throws a few fastballs of her own. The humor here is as sharp as the sense of loss, and the story line is reminiscent of a 30's screwball comedy. A zingy, zappy, sweet & snappy read that will tug a few heartstrings at the same time it tickles the funny bone.

Review Copy Gratis Library Thing
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The After Wife.