Krissy 's Reviews > Fatal Circle

Fatal Circle by Linda  Robertson

F 50x66
Jun 17, 12

Read in June, 2012

I enjoyed the first two well enough, once I got past the laughable attempts at song lyrics and spells, the overblown pretentious character names (Persephone, Menessos...),all the cheap and eye-roll inducing sexual innuendo...which was really hard to get past, there is a LOT of it, but this last book was a page skimming drag. There is no action; the bad guys don't even make an appearance. Basically you get a lot of talking and preparation scenes for filling titles that, so far, add up to a fat load of who cares? Answer being, not me. One thing that kept getting in the way of my suspension of disbelief was how modern and ill-equipped Menessos is, despite supposedly being an ancient being. I mean I thought I would die when he and the Eldrenne kept using the word 'hanky'. "Where's the hanky?" "I burned the hanky. The hanky had to be destroyed." "Good thing nobody can get the hanky now." I mean I kept thinking of Mr. Hankey from South Park...you know...the poo?

Mr Hankey

in any case, I don't see myself continuing the series, despite a perfectly likeable main character and her spirited Nana.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Circle.