Charlie's Reviews > Pulse

Pulse by Tricia Rayburn

Jun 28, 12

bookshelves: sequels-i-need-to-read, read-2012, books-i-own
Read from June 27 to 28, 2012

Thank god dark water is released this year! In fact if my facts are correct July 10th - *squeals* I CANNOT WAIT!

I wasn't disappointed - in fact I like this book better than the first and I had more 'OH MY GOD THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN' reactions WHICH I LOVE IN A BOOK! I also found the reactions in this book were a lot more realistic - I could feel the emotions so much more and I did tear up at some points.

Where was Simon though =( and WHAT WAS WITH THAT ENDING! SIMON! WHAT THE HELL! Poor Vanessa - although I do think a lot of what happened was necessary for Vanessa to move forward and become stronger...speaking of which I love the development of Vanessa in this book and she became a much more....um how can I word it...um...solid character.

There so many more complex emotions in this book but what annoyed me slightly is the fact theres like this whole relationship break down and another guy - WHY IS THERE ALWAYS THESE ELEMENTS IN SEQUELS. No scrap that I know why and I get they're necessary but...bah...I just think Simons great OKAY =( but then I kind of fell for Parker aswell...(HOWEVER, I kind of liked Parker more...partly because Simons character was..different in this book. He lost his quirkiness....)

I predicted what would happen and who certain mysterious characters were but the way my predictions came true blew me away. Tricia Rayburn is a brilliant writer..speaking of her writing skills I love the way she ends each chapter - we end on a cliffhanger type thing but we dont the direct reaction, the next chapter always goes onto a different scene which...I dont know - I just loved that.

I read this book in one day..practically..i only read 24 pages last night so..yeah, it took me a day to read because I couldn't put it down - even when I was busy EVERY spare moment I need to find out what happens - this was a brilliantly written, well paced amazing book and I just loved it okay!

I'll add to this review when I dont have book eyes IM SO TIRED!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pulse.

06/27/2012 page 28
06/28/2012 page 154
37.0% "AHHHHH TRICIA RAYBURN you.are.brilliant. I loved 'Siren' and I LOVE PULSE! In fact, this book is better than the first - the issues I had with first book have ultimately been resolved in this book AND AHHHHHHHH I obviously it was a given the sirens would return but WHOAOAOA!"
06/28/2012 page 217
52.0% "I love love love this book but I just want to ask WHY in second books is there 'another guy' and WHY is there always relationship breakdowns! WHY WHY WHY! Always. Always in sequels. bah! ANNOYING."
06/28/2012 page 242
58.0% "AHHH I think I know who the mystery women is! I thought it might be who I think it is at the start when she first game vanessa the seaweed but NOW I think Im convinced! I hope it is! Although this is one of those books where what you think is completely wrong. Same with Siren. AND THERES SO MANY QUESTIONS If I hated this book i'd read it just to get the questions answered - thats why rayburn is brilliant =')"
06/28/2012 page 298
72.0% "ahhh *eyes wide open* I was wrong about the women..but kind of right at the same time! plot twist. OH OH AND the whole sending the wrong text - bah! love triangle! I hate love triangles, but...hm....this one isn't to bad."
06/28/2012 page 330
79.0% "oh dear oh dear! *le cries*"
show 4 hidden updates…