Kelli Gleiner's Reviews > Anyway*: *A Story About Me with 138 Footnotes, 27 Exaggerations, and 1 Plate of Spaghetti

Anyway* by Arthur Salm

Jun 17, 12

bookshelves: middle-grade-fiction
Read in June, 2012

I just finished this book, and I'm very excited to meet the author next Sunday (June 24th) at blue manatee children's bookstore in Cincinnati.
What I thought would be a light, funny, summer read ended up being a bit more. For the most part, it was funny and light, but what I loved (especially for the "tween" set) is the question of morality -vs- popularity. After assuming the persona of "Mad Max," Max is suddenly easy-going and cool, but after playing a few practical jokes and ditching some "babyish" friends, it still pains him to know he's caused any harm, even if it's by accident or association. His camp week ends, and he has a lot to balance before the summer's main event: a coed party for his friend Sara.
With humor, tons of footnotes, and a believable main character, Arthur Salm has written a solid debut novel that fans of the "Wimpy Kid" series will be able to transition up to.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anyway*.