TheGeekyBlogger's Reviews > Big Sky Mountain

Read for Review/Blog Tour
Overall Rating 4.25
Story Rating 4.00
Character Rating 4.50

First thought when finished: I really loved Hutch even though in the beginning he left a gal at the alter!

What I Thought of the Story: Big Sky Mountain is the 2nd book in the series so you already have an attachment to many of the characters. I think this helped a LOT with accepting Hutch Carmody and Kendra Sheperd for exactly where they are in their lives. The story starts with Hutch leaving another woman at the alter (actually doing the right thing though his timing could have better) and Kendra returning to town with a little girl in tow. To say their path back to romance (they had a relationship a long time ago) is tough would be putting it mildly. What made the romance/story so believable to me is that they both had to grow in order for it to work!

What I Thought of the Characters: I loved Hutch! He is the reason that Big Sky Mountain worked so well for me. Kendra, I liked in the first book but I will admit she got on my nerves a little in the beginning of this one. Then again her whole life had just changed so I should have been more understanding. The side characters in LLM's books usually steal the show for me. In Big Sky Mountain, it was no different. I always say to read her books for the romance but come back to her series to visit the characters. She just has a way of bringing them alive! I am really looking forward to Boone and Tara's story because I know it is going to be a doozy!

Final Thought: This was better than the first book and very enjoyable!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Sky Mountain.