[Name Redacted By Goodreads Because Irrelevant to Review]'s Reviews > Handbook of the Militant Christian

Handbook of the Militant Christian by Desiderius Erasmus
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handbook of the Militant Christian.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Richard I'll be interested to compare notes with you on this.

[Name Redacted By Goodreads Because Irrelevant to Review] It may take me a while to get to this one. I've got a lot of preparatory/review reading to do for the class I'm teaching this Summer!

message 3: by Richard (last edited Jun 22, 2012 08:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richard Ian wrote: "It may take me a while to get to this one. I've got a lot of preparatory/review reading to do for the class I'm teaching this Summer!"

It may not be the best edition in terms of scholarly apparatus. The editor confesses in the intro that he paraphrases and skips little bits here and there. I used it because it happened to be in our university library.

But the introductory essay itself is really good.

It's no problem if you take a while to get to this. I have lots of patience. What are you teaching this summer?

[Name Redacted By Goodreads Because Irrelevant to Review] An introduction to Near Eastern religious traditions! I'm going to cover a lot of ground, so I need to be well-prepared!