Amy Watt's Reviews > The Accidental Genie

Jan 29, 13

liked it
bookshelves: romance
Read from January 27 to 29, 2013

A genie called Jeannie. I sort of liked the irony in that.

I also quite liked the plot - you don't get very many twists on the 'genie' genre. It made a nice change.

What I didn't like were the characters. Which, yes, I know, characters make the book which is why I'm only giving this 3 out of 5.

Jeannie (the genie) was quite annoying in that she kept forgetting Nina's name. Only Nina's. How hard is it to remember Nina? And then she starts calling her MWA (Meanest Woman Alive), which, if you think about it, is more of a mouthful than Nina. Also, she kept whinging about the genie outfit that she 'had' to wear. But she didn't have to! She could wear whatever she wanted! And she did! But did that stop her going on about the genie outfit she was forced into? Noooo.

And I felt for Sloan (the main man). Jeannie kept going on and on and on about Sloan's previous 'relationships'. For God's sake woman! It's all in the past! He told you he's been celibate for a year and yet you still keep going on about it!

The guy characters in this were okay-ish. But the other girls in the novel were either over-the-top chirpy or over-the-top mean. And by mean, I mean over-dramatic swearing and stupid nicknames.

One last thing. They could have just wished for Jeannie not to be a genie before and problem solved!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Genie.