Natalee's Reviews > Haunted Lily: The Nightmare Ball

Haunted Lily by Sidney Fox

Jul 28, 09

bookshelves: supernatural-paranormal, faves, i-love-halloween, sucker-for-the-cover
Read in December, 2008

Loved this book! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it but had to wait a bit since no stores here carry it. It was definitely worth the wait! I recommend it to everyone that loves a little spooky fun. Perfect for reading late at night, next to a fire. It's one of those curl-up-to-read books that you won't be able to put down until you finish it. The storyline was haunting and well thought out. I loved the characters, even the ghosties! I will be reading it again later this year as Halloween approaches. I really would've given it 5 stars but the lack of editing was so distracting. And so was the overuse of italics! Some words just didn't need to be emphasized. But, if you can get past that, it's a great read. I can't wait for the next one!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted Lily.

12/20/2008 "Got it for my birthday!! Finally!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misty (new) - added it

Misty I love this cover, but wasn't sure it was something I wanted to read. I take it I should?

Natalee I thought it was great! I just emailed the author and asked when her next one comes out. It's supposed to be this year. If you like ghost stories, this is a good one. Perfect for October reading. She is very descriptive and you could easily picture the scenery. I could picture some of it looking like something from a Tim Burton movie. The characters are very likable as well. I think you'd enjoy it... I almost recommended it to you earlier today! :)

message 3: by Misty (new) - added it

Misty From now on, feel free to. I love getting recommendations because it means someone felt strongly enough about it to push it, which is usually a good sign. And honestly, all you had to say was Tim Burton. That hooks me.
Did you hear that he's directing a live action version of Alice in Wonderland, with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. I think I actually squealed when I heard!

Natalee I did hear that! And a saw a picture of Johnny Depp in costume... I want to say in People magazine. It looks awesome. I am so excited to see it! I love Johnny Depp and I love Tim Burton so it should be really great.

You asked me about Evermore somewhere but I can't find it. Might be due to lack of coffee. And the fact that I stayed up WAY too late reading that damn book. I don't know what it is about that book but after I got going, I couldn't stop. It's so addicting. If I didn't have to get up early, I would've have finished it last night. If you liked (or even tolerated, for that matter) Twilight, you would like it. I read Twilight when it first came out so I don't remember it well. I almost want to say Evermore is better but it's been too long to make that comparison. However, I do think Noel writes better than Meyers did in Twilight. Maybe that's why I like it better. There are some very obvious similarities where you stop and say "where have I heard this before" but it doesn't detract from the story. I'd go into details but it will give too much away should you decide to read it. Anyways, I hope to finish it tonight... or on the drive home as I sit at stop lights. ;-)