Jolene's Reviews > Harvest of Rubies

Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar

F_50x66
Jul 25, 12

Read from June 17 to July 21, 2012

Sarah finds purpose and fulfillment as scribe to the Queen of Persia. Pleased with Sarah's work, the Queen arranges Sarah's marriage to Darius Pasargadea, a respected and handsome aristocrat, as a kindness. However, after a disasterous wedding celebration, Sarah finds that marriage has stripped her of position, security and dignity. Locked in a miserable marriage and missing her old life, Sarah must open herself to new ideas and people, including her distant husband.

With Harvest of Rubies, Tessa Afshar cemented herself as one of my favorite authors. Having previously read Pearl in the Sand, I had high expectations for Harvest of Rubies and I was not disappointed. It had a unique storyline filled with a memorable protagonist, a little mystery and suspense, a history lesson and plenty of romance. I loved Sarah's personal and spiritual development. This is the type of book I could sit down with in the morning and read all day. Although I didn't have that luxury, it was that good! I am definitely looking forward to reading the sequel.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from River North Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harvest of Rubies.