Annejhoyce's Reviews > Forever

Forever by J.M. Darhower

Jul 22, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, heartbreaking, made-me-swoon, ebooks-own
Read from June 17 to 19, 2012

Okay, let me tell you I'm a sucker for HEA especially when it comes to romance (What can I say... I'm a hopeless romantic). I was very skeptical with this one because of the dark tone of the book. It's hard to think that this book wasn't going to break my heart!

But I can't even begin to say how such an exquisite of a read this was. I just fell in love. Colpo di fulmine. I adored the characters. Especially Haven.. oh my poor little Haven. My heartstrings got tugged at a little violently when it came to that girl. I read other materials involving slavery and all but with her perspective printed, it was so believable, that I forgot this was fiction for a second. And Carmine, oh carmine, this boy made my heart ache and swoon at the same time. As much as an asshole he was sometimes, I really loved him from the start. It wasn't even an option! As much fucked up some characters were, they were memorable. I had a soft spot for Dr. DeMarco, his story was just.... heartbreaking. And Dominic, I relished everytime I see his name on the pages. The felt like the lifeguard of the story sometimes. Add in a little Dominic humor, you'll be guaranteed a smile.

I loved Haven and Carmine's story. They say it's like a modern version of Romeo and Juliet, Carmine would definitely disagree with me and I can't help but to agree to disagree...

“How about we just be Haven and Carmine?” she suggested. “We don’t know the ending, but we can always hope for the best.”
“I like that,” he said. “Besides, there’s a reason we don’t know how the story ends.”
“Why?”
“Because it doesn’t.”

Ah.... the beauty of first love was told perfectly here and with a very realistic yet thrilling twist. Not to mention, you'll get to learn couple of swoon-y Italian lines/words here and there.

When Carmine called Haven, "Tesoro", It felt like DeJaVu with Beautiful Disaster when Travis called Abby, "Pidge". I really don't know how to explain it but there's something about these guy giving these girls weird ass names that are just so heartwarming. I guess, that's what happens when you're in love. Love can definitely make you weird and that's the beauty of it.

It is a very long read but trust me, it's worth it and you'll definitely be begging for more! I know I am, I can't wait for the sequel. I'm definitely ordering it as soon as it comes out.

My visuals of the characters (Most of them)

Justin Sampson as Carmine DeMarco

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I figured he'd just need light green contacts, then viola!

Caitlin Stasey as Haven Antonelli

Robert De Niro as Salvatorre

Alyson Michalka as Tess Harper & Aj Michalka as Dia Harper

Logan Henderson as Nicholas

6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.

Quotes Annejhoyce Liked

J.M. Darhower
“Go for it, while you can. I know you have it in you. And I can't promise you'll get everything you want, but I can promise nothing will change if you don't try.”
J.M. Darhower, Sempre

J.M. Darhower
“Tell me, Mr. DeMarco. What’s love to you?”
[…]
He glared at his teacher. “I think it’s ridiculous you’re even trying to define it like it’s something material you can just go find if you want it. People use the word too loosely as it is. They say they love this and they love that, when they don’t. They just like the shi— uh, stuff. Love is something that changes you, and if you really loved all the crap you say you love, you’d never know who you were because you’d constantly be changing. Once you love, you love forever. You can’t help it.”
J.M. Darhower, Sempre
tags: love

06/17/2012
5.0% "Omg, my heart hurts for Haven."
06/17/2012
13.0% "Hahahah @ the "cherry coke" scene."
06/17/2012
20.0% "Damn hearing these beautiful italian words makes me wanna learn the whole freakin language now."
06/17/2012
26.0% "Is there a known case if a person keeps saying "Aww"? 'cause I think I have it."
06/17/2012
34.0% "Oh lawd, the emotions with me right now *starts fanning herself."
06/17/2012
42.0% "The suspense is killing me! I still can't put the pieces together but I doubt I have it all. Please, oh please, tell me, they're not related in anyway because if they are, I would definitely punch a wall."
53.0% "Le sigh..."
06/18/2012
60.0% "Holy shit! I knew it!"
06/18/2012
70.0% "NooOOoooo! Dom can't leave :("
75.0% "Holy shit!!!!!"
06/18/2012
83.0% "The drama.. i don't think my heart can take no more."
06/18/2012
85.0% "Omg, I can't breathe. omg omg omg."
06/19/2012
100.0% "Sequel. NOW."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali So this is worth the $3? c:

Annejhoyce Very much worth the $3 or $6 and the time to get through the 500+ pages! I really couldn't read it in one sitting but it's definitely a page turner. I almost didn't wanna sleep for it, lol.

message 3: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali Ohh, I'm like that a lot! But I wish they'd publish it as a paperback!

Annejhoyce I think they do have it in paperback in Barnes and Noble's but it's like $21.99. I'm considering buying it too.

message 5: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali Hmm.. I'll have to look at it.. if anything, I'll just get the ebook :3.

Annejhoyce Ali wrote: "Hmm.. I'll have to look at it.. if anything, I'll just get the ebook :3."

Mmkays, tell me how it goes for you! We have definitely gush over it or you can rant if you didn't like it, haha. happy reading!

message 7: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali I got the ebook and I'll start to read it tomorrow in Freshman Comp. I'm excited c:!

Annejhoyce Ali wrote: "I got the ebook and I'll start to read it tomorrow in Freshman Comp. I'm excited c:!"

Yay! Definitely message me about it when you can!