Rayna So's Reviews > My Cool Shed: An Inspirational Guide to Stylish Hideaways and Workspaces

My Cool Shed by Jane Field-Lewis

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: art, photography, interior-design
Read in June, 2012

I have a fondness for interior design books focusing on small spaces. Mostly because I've lived in apartments and one day dream of designing my own lovely two floor loft. Normally I would have never picked up this book, but a co-worker of mine was flipping through it at work and it caught my eye.

I've never understood the allure of owning a shed. Being a city girl, sheds always had the impression of being a boring suburban structure that were found at the bottom corner of some people's backyards. A small rickety building that most people toss unwanted furniture, boxes of old keepsakes or items in holding for children and relatives who have moved into smaller homes or apartments. I never thought of the possibility of a shed becoming something that can be more than just extra storage space.

This book changed all that. A beautifully designed book full of captivating, heart skipping photos that proves that the modest shed can become something more than just functional. It can be stylish, modern, a home away from home, a haven for the creatively minded or a sanctuary of solitude away from the stresses of everyday life. Now I just need a shed... and some money.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Cool Shed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Have you come across a guy called Lloyd Kahn? He's pretty famous at the eco end of home builds and one of the people that's been pretty influential in the tiny homes movement. This year he had a book published called Tiny Homes. Full of gorgeous photos; it catalogues lots of tiny homes and interviews their builders.