Lisa's Reviews > One Day

One Day by David Nicholls

Jun 17, 12

Read in June, 2012

Actually this book was pretty read-able (one plane ride). But one star down on account of how embarrassing it is to read a book like One Day in the airport. Especially while lugging an oversized backpack with a stupid souvenir hat tied to it, struggling to fit the arrangement into the overhead bin (my fault).

The book is a nice tour of the ups and downs of a friendship, of the blurriness between friendship and love -- but it would have been much more believable (by extension, moving) if the male protagonist had had any redeeming qualities beyond boyish good looks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by k (new)

k Oh man, that image of you being in the airplane and looking at a souvenir hat with this face of just "Why?" is so vivid I feel like we just took a trip or something.

Lisa Kris wrote: "Oh man, that image of you being in the airplane and looking at a souvenir hat with this face of just "Why?" is so vivid I feel like we just took a trip or something."

I miss you. Next thing we know, a small child will throw-up on my feet on the airplane! At least we got burgers in Dalat!