Francesca's Reviews > The Book of Blood and Shadow

The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

Jun 17, 2012

As if we needed even more proof that YA is the best fiction around right now; here comes this book with its long, elegant sentences and proper use of punctuation. Gah, I know I am showing my age here getting all fired up by long sentences and punctuation, but guys, it is soo good to read well written sentences...my- not so inner - grammar geek is singing out loud right now!
This story is taut, suspensful, with great characters especially the main one - Nora.
The story develops in a very unconventional way and just about the only fact we know for real - the death of Chris - incidentally even dead Chris is very central to the story and I can't help but thinking that perhaps Adriane is right at the end of the book.
This is a thriller and I would rather not spoil it for people, suffice to say that there are so many twists and turns and, as readers, we get to most realisations at the same time as Nora.
I loved the way the contemporary narration was interspersed with the old letters and the clues had to be found through translating ancient languages.

So all in all I loved this book and I would highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Blood and Shadow.