Ami's Reviews > Secret of the Wolf

Secret of the Wolf by Cynthia Garner

Jun 28, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal-futuristic
Read from June 26 to 29, 2012

Gah, I'm so disappointed :(.

I hate it when a good first book in a series is ruined by the sequel. I enjoyed the first book, Kiss of the Vampire. I waited for this one to be released because Dante charmed me so much. Unfortunately, this book is filled with a number of character's stupidity, that makes me want to bang my head and kick their ass.

Let's see ...

First, Dante and Tori have chemistry and they flirt. But Dante doesn't want to pursue the relationship because he has a sick sister (she is recovering from cancer) AND because Tori is a pret, thus the possibility of her being in danger is big. He worries that he might lose her one day (just he might lose his sister to cancer). WTF? Is that how he sees Tori? Weak and easily be killed? I like the men in my paranormal romance / urban fantasy to have more determination than that! At least Tobias's reason when he broke it off with Nix (in book 1) made more sense. This one is just so off-putting *pout*.

Second, my God Tori, you are so naive, and it costs human their f*cking lives!! The idea that Tori wants to protect her brother because she think family should come first, when even readers can see the clues (view spoiler), as glaringly obvious, is just STUPID!!! (view spoiler) Aaaargh, Tori's stupidity just pissing me off!!

Third, she also naively thinks that "because" Stefan is her "family" that he deserves a second chance. When it is CLEAR that Stefan's presence on Earth is not because he is punished but because he ESCAPES from punishment. (view spoiler) doesn't help Tori's case to make me feel any sympathy towards her action.

Then of course, the ending ... it's just so BLAH. (view spoiler). Stupid, stupid, stupid!! Then again, maybe stupid people deserve each other *sarcasm*

Sorry, but I am NOT jumping into book #3 anytime soon. *grumble and pout*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret of the Wolf.

06/28/2012
23.0% "Dante's reasons to not pursue a relationship with Tori are a bit weak :("
06/28/2012