Mindy's Reviews > Dissolve

7190668
Jun 17, 12

bookshelves: dream-reader-dreamer2229-blo
Read in June, 2012

This book was fabulous. Imagine going out with friends for drinks one night and waking up the next day with a throbbing headache… okay we can imagine that, but supposing the headache didn’t clear up by day 2? Then you hear something and wake up to discover your fiancé brutally murdered. Wouldn’t you just want to melt away and float through the air away from problem? Well what would you do if that actually happened? Yes, that’s right, you broke up into little molecules and floated away only to reappear at your best friend’s house… naked… and covered in blood. Yeah, I can just see the faces on the police when you told them.

This is exactly what happens to Cora. Then she and her friend Nessa decide to go on the run to find out who exactly killed her fiancé. While they are trying to decide what to do the man who bought Cora a drink stabs Nessa with a needle and she passes out. When she gets better after her massive headache and hung-over feeling, she has unique gifts too.

As the story progresses, they find more people like themselves. All have recently had contact with the mysterious man. As they find out more about their abilities, people start disappearing…lots of people… and they still don’t know what is going on, but their little group has grown to 7 people. They end up in a trap and escape from that only to be arrested by the FBI. And then……….. the book ends. (screams “nnnooooo”).

The sequel comes out in 2013, which can’t come soon enough for me. I highly recommend this book. It is fabulous. I give this book 5 clouds. I can’t wait for the sequel.

This product or book may have been distributed for review; this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dissolve.