Relyn's Reviews > The White Giraffe

The White Giraffe by Lauren St. John

Oct 12, 08

Recommended to Relyn by: Family Fun magazine
Recommended for: tweens, teachers and parents of tweens
Read in October, 2008, read count: 1

10/10/08
Audiobook format
I have been listening to this book for about three days now. It is wonderful. Really great. One of the many wonderful things about it is the audiobook reader. This woman is nothing but incredible. I mean it! She is the best audiobook reader I have ever heard. OK. She ties with the reader of Shadow of the Wind. I'm going to be looking for more books narrated by her.

I love having Sloane come to school with me. It is so wonderful to be in the car together. On the drives we talk and laugh and I really know what is going on with her. The only thing is, I have really missed my time with audiobooks. Before Sloane started school, I used my drive time to listen to books on tape. Talking with her is much better, but she has discovered audiobooks in a big way. She has her own mini iPod and wants to listed to her books. So, one way we talk. The other way, we each stick buds in our ears and listen to our own books. Are we a bookish family or what?

More on The White Giraffe when I finish it.

10/12/08
I finished it, and I must say I was sad to have it end. Fantastic book. Of course, am not feeling very verbose today. So, all I will say now is, "Give it a listen. I think you'll like it."
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Giraffe.

Brenna Same i love the part I'm at! But I think that the begining was really sad! I hope I can read more books that Lauren St. John. I think that her technique when she writes is very creative. I hope the end of "The White Giraffe" is very creative and interesting! And I'm looking forward to reading more of the book as soon as posable. But I hope Martine won't hurt herself any more than she has! I also hope that she would a couple more friends!!!!

After Martine goes out in the dark my heart started pumping like CRAZY!!!!! I was so scared! I thought that any second, a Leopard was going to jump out and eat her. I didn't know what was going to happen to her I was scared to DEATH! And I had to stop because I was getting really tired and it was 11:00 pm. so I decided to go to bed. But I just don't know what Martine was thinking, going out at dark when she is in South Africa! (I think)!!!!!

Well I will comment again as soon as I finish the book! I hope I like the end!

Relyn Oh, I don't think you will be disappointed. I know what you mean, I have to find more by Lauren St. John. In fact, I want to know what happens next to Marine.

Brenna Same! She just is a CRAZY girl!!!

Brenna I just found another book by Lauren St. John! It looks like a really good book!!!

"Rainbows End: A Memoir childhood, War and an African Farm"

Relyn I'll have to check it out. Thanks.