Blythe's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
5206717
THE EVERMORE DRINKING GAME

It looks like you’ve picked up the Evermore Drinking Game, for whichever reason (but if it’s because you have an interest in reading Evermore I strongly advise against it, for your sanity’s sake). However, if you’re still not convinced to stay the hell away from this book , the Evermore Drinking Game is here to make your reading experience as enjoyable as possible (because trust me, you won’t find anything enjoyable in this book without it).

The rules for the Evermore Drinking Game are simple: when you read any of the instances mentioned below when reading Evermore, you take a swig of anything. It could be alcohol (for the best results!); it could be water (sadly, with this option, you’ll still actually have some grasp of the story), coffee (but you’ll be as hyper as you’ve ever been before you reach the end of the game), or really any other beverage in your disposal.

Let’s begin the game, shall we? Once again, when you read any of the following instances, take a swig. And go!

- Whenever you roll your eyes, take a swig

- Whenever you feel like taking a hammer to Evermore, take a swig (and maybe that hammer)

Easy so far? Don’t worry – you won’t be saying that after long.

- Whenever Ever (heh) is a complete and total idiot, take a swig (yikes)

- Whenever someone uses a positive adjective when describing Damen, take a swig (preferably sexy, gorgeous, hot, smoking, or even combustible)

- Whenever someone says “omigod”, take a swig (omigod you’re in trouble!)

- Whenever Ever presses her lips, take a swig (good luck with that one, my friend)

- Whenever another talent Damen has is revealed, take a swig (but Damen will probably swig better than you)

- Whenever you find out something before Ever does, take a swig

- Whenever Ever throws herself a pity party, take a swig (ya know, her family used to like parties...)

- Whenever Ever dreams of Damen, take a swig

- Whenever Damen and Ever declare their undying love for each other, take a swig

- Whenever Riley is annoying, take a swig

- Whenever you find a Twilight rip off reference, take a swig (man, I’m harsh!)

- Whenever you feel the urge to run out the nearest window because you’re reading Evermore, take Cymbalta a swig

- When (or if) you finish Evermore, take a swig, because you, my friend, conquered this monstrosity

Congratulations! You’ve made it this far and finished the Evermore Drinking Game! (And if you haven’t that’s either because you’re too drunk to function and in intensive care, in the bathroom doing only god knows what, or dead.)

Well, wasn’t this game enjoyable! If one thing’s for certain, it was more enjoyable than Evermore.
405 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

06/22/2012 "" 13 comments
06/23/2012 page 6
2.0% "Damen is gorgeous. I know this without once looking up.

What? So now people are so gorgeous that you don't even have to look at them to tell that they're gorgeous?" 2 comments
06/23/2012 page 11
4.0% "I get it; Damen's stunning, hot, sexy, gorgeous, hell, even combustible - whatever you've called him so far. I think you've made your point, Ever and classmates. Stop it." 6 comments
06/23/2012 page 27
9.0% "So now when Ever and Damen touch, their surroundings become silent and fade away?

How original!" 2 comments
06/23/2012 page 30
10.0% "Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up.

Ever drops her water bottle, but, before it could reach the floor, Damen appears and, in a non-humanely fast motion, catches the water bottle in both hands, and hands it to Ever.

Does this not ring a huge bell with anyone else? No? Is it just me?" 1 comment
06/23/2012 page 37
12.0% "Everyone needs to stop calling dibs on Damen. Seriously, how old are you? Eight?"
06/23/2012 page 47
15.0% "Ah, so now Damen is in Ever's room at three in the morning!

Gee, this book sure is original!"
06/23/2012 page 54
18.0% "Ah, so now Damen used to be a model.

A freaking model. Oh, joy."
06/23/2012 page 102
33.0% "Did he seriously just say, "You'll always be safe with me"? Can this book be any more of a Twilight rip off?" 20 comments
06/23/2012 page 235
77.0% "This book needs to end."
06/23/2012 page 306
100.0% "Wait.. I'm finished? Is it safe?

"

Comments (showing 51-88 of 88) (88 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Blythe Thank you, Jim!


message 52: by Katie (new)

Katie Tuccelli LOL. Sounds like you had quite the hangover after this one ;-)


Jessica love this game! lol


message 54: by Mary-faith (new)

Mary-faith You, my friend, are brilliant. 100000000000+ likes! (Definitely no sarcasm intended)


Blythe Thank you, Mary-faith!


message 56: by Who (new) - rated it 1 star

Who ...and that's how Charlie Sheen ended up like this


message 57: by Diana (new) - rated it 1 star

Diana why are bad books so addicting? i read this a few years ago, thought it was okay, but then i started THINKING. i meant to read blue moon, the next one in the series, but i picked it up and tried not to puke all over the pages. it was twilight beyond compare. actually, twilight was better since it was a little more original. (only twilight, only one out of the series i can stand because bella isn't pity partying until she's dead). don't drink, but if i did, i would do a read-aloud with a group of friends....can't get anymore amusing than that.


message 58: by Selena (new)

Selena HAHAHAHA!!!


Meishuu I think I'm drunk.


message 60: by Bella (new) - rated it 1 star

Bella Grace I LITERALLY fell off my chair when I read this. And I'm proud to say that I did the Evermore drinking game. :D Sadly, without alcohol. (I'm underage!) I was so hyper off the coffee I didn't sleep at all that fateful night. Also, not for the first time, ah-mazing REVIEW! Love, love, loved it! ;)


Marie Delete


Blythe Marie wrote: "Delete"

How about no.


Blythe And thanks for all the comments, guys! I'm glad you all enjoyed my review. :)


message 64: by Jayda (new) - rated it 1 star

Jayda you forgot one:

Take a swig whenever anyone shrugs!

I swear, someone shrugged at least twice on every page of this awful book -_-


Crystal Loved your drinking game idea, hehehe. I am going to try it with another book I don't like! Awesome comment by the way.


message 66: by [deleted user] (new)

Awwww. And your reading taste is shit, sweetie. I feel worse for you.


Howdy YAL Billie wrote: "i hope u are not talking about evermore because i love them and if u dont then u must not know how to read!!!"

I suppose you love Halo, Twilight, A Beautiful Dark, Fallen, any other Twilight wannabe ever written too. That's okay. Write your own review and respect other people's reviews. If they have an opinion that is different than yours that doesn't mean they don't know how to read. It just means they have a different opinion.


Blythe Billie wrote: "i hope u are not talking about evermore because i love them and if u dont then u must not know how to read!!!"

I'm so sorry for your taste in novels. Tragic, really.


message 69: by Kate (new)

Kate Bond No, she's right. It's logic. Taste has always been dictated by literacy. And the more you substitute letters for proper words, the more literate you are.

I'm sorry you can't read, Blythe. :/


Blythe don wurry, synse eye cnt reed eye dident reely undurstand hiz coment. lawl.


message 71: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Billie wrote: "i hope u are not talking about evermore because i love them and if u dont then u must not know how to read!!!"

You have very keen powers of observation. OF COURSE Blythe isn't talking about Evermore here in her Evermore review. That would just be CRAZY. Only people who don't know how to read would even have to ask such a question. Wait a second...


message 72: by Blythe (last edited Aug 06, 2013 05:04PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Blythe And I don't like you coming onto my review, telling me I must not know how to read. It looks like some things we just don't like end up happening, doesn't it?


Bethany The worst is Ever "pressing her lips". That drove me so crazy I almost had to stop reading the book based on that one flaw alone (although there were many others, obviously).


P. K. Gallagher I read the book long before I read this review, but God, do I wish I'd had this game to play. You are so right about literally everything in this book.


message 75: by Dayna (new) - rated it 1 star

Dayna Wadge I have to totally agree, unfortunately I was stone cold sober reading this, and it hunts me till this day!! great review/game


message 76: by Ali (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ali "There's a lot more to attraction than just looks, you know"*roll my eyes - so there's one* "Like warm tingling touch *drink* deep smoldering eyes *is that one or two for deep then smoldering- playing it safe with a big GULP* , and the seductive sound of a voice that can silence the world."*squeak - drink*
fast forward 5 sentences...
"do you even realize you're giving up a chance to lose your virginity *Eye roll #2 - damnit! drink!* to the hottest *drink* guy in school , maybe even the planet *shaking nearly empty bottle -drink*
3 sentences later...
"I roll my eyes and laugh in spite of my self." *crap - wuz i spose to drink when i rol my eyz or shedose - chug-a-lug*

I'm sorry we have had to cnfiscate laly's kindle. She will be undergoing a liver transplant in the near future. We highly recommend NOT playing this game.


Katie Firth Haha....I really liked evermore:)


Angel Torres great review hah
it made me laugh
I almost got really sick reading this and ur review ugh...


message 79: by Shumirai (new)

Shumirai Laughed the whole way through the review ;)


Lacey Love the review, in glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed by her "pressing her lips together" uugghh


message 81: by Toni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Toni Lawrence Been reading this for mmmmmm lets see 3 weeks


message 82: by Zoe (new) - rated it 2 stars

Zoe Whenever Ever complains about something most people would consider an advantage take a swig


message 83: by Mari (new) - rated it 1 star

Mari Chase Understand, all of those fortunate souls that have not read this book, this drinking game is a ticket to the grave.... But then again so is reading this series


message 84: by Mari (new) - rated it 1 star

Mari Chase Understand, all of those fortunate souls that have not read this book, this drinking game is a ticket to the grave.... But then again so is reading this series


message 85: by ray (new)

ray Why are you so negative?

It's like you and your group of minions, have gotten together and decided to bash a book in just because it wasn't for you. Now don't get me wrong I didn't particularly enjoy this book either, but that doent give you the right to talk bad about the boon because in reality your just hurting the aurthor. The one who had probably stayed up all night aganozing over this book, and she has the same insecurities as us.

Also juding by your picture your a women of a partiular age so can we please jump off the middle school playground, and stop it with the cyber bullying, because there's a difference between being critical of a book and being just plain ol' mean.

If you don't like it just say so with tack and move on.
And I'm only saying something because this is the second time I saw your name pop up with a bad review of a book. How would you like it if I started drinking game saying let's take a shot every time you old hag (not that you are) writes a bad review about a book she didn't write but yet paid for. It's not nice, so can we just please stop acting like children, and learn to criticize without intinally making authors feel like crap.


message 86: by Zoe (new) - rated it 2 stars

Zoe ray: i found your comment very interesting. I agree that the negative criticisms for this novel are somewhat unwarranted. However, I would not consider this cyber bullying because despite the content, these messages were not sent to author, nor were they necessarily intended to be read by the author. I'm sure Alyson Noel doesn't spend all her time checking every comment made on goodreads.com. Besides, this book was published a long time ago. I admit the drinking game comments are a little mean, but its just an opinion and the author should accept that the internet will contain favorable and not so favorable reviews. Also consider that I, personally, really dislike this book, but I don't think Noel is a bad author. I liked one of her other books, Saving Zoe.


message 87: by Blythe (last edited Nov 12, 2014 05:24AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Blythe ray wrote: "Why are you so negative?

It's like you and your group of minions, have gotten together and decided to bash a book in just because it wasn't for you. Now don't get me wrong I didn't particularly en..."


I actually would not mind at all if you were to have a drinking game in which you take shots upon finding a negative review of mine. Sounds fun. Drink responsibly and don't check out my shelves.


Wendy Darling I wish I could say things with tack, but somehow I just can't seem to manage it.

Hope you are doing well, Blythe.


« previous 1 2 next »
back to top