Blythe's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
5206717
THE EVERMORE DRINKING GAME

It looks like you’ve picked up the Evermore Drinking Game, for whichever reason (but if it’s because you have an interest in reading Evermore I strongly advise against it, for your sanity’s sake). However, if you’re still not convinced to stay the hell away from this book , the Evermore Drinking Game is here to make your reading experience as enjoyable as possible (because trust me, you won’t find anything enjoyable in this book without it).

The rules for the Evermore Drinking Game are simple: when you read any of the instances mentioned below when reading Evermore, you take a swig of anything. It could be alcohol (for the best results!); it could be water (sadly, with this option, you’ll still actually have some grasp of the story), coffee (but you’ll be as hyper as you’ve ever been before you reach the end of the game), or really any other beverage in your disposal.

Let’s begin the game, shall we? Once again, when you read any of the following instances, take a swig. And go!

- Whenever you roll your eyes, take a swig

- Whenever you feel like taking a hammer to Evermore, take a swig (and maybe that hammer)

Easy so far? Don’t worry – you won’t be saying that after long.

- Whenever Ever (heh) is a complete and total idiot, take a swig (yikes)

- Whenever someone uses a positive adjective when describing Damen, take a swig (preferably sexy, gorgeous, hot, smoking, or even combustible)

- Whenever someone says “omigod”, take a swig (omigod you’re in trouble!)

- Whenever Ever presses her lips, take a swig (good luck with that one, my friend)

- Whenever another talent Damen has is revealed, take a swig (but Damen will probably swig better than you)

- Whenever you find out something before Ever does, take a swig

- Whenever Ever throws herself a pity party, take a swig (ya know, her family used to like parties...)

- Whenever Ever dreams of Damen, take a swig

- Whenever Damen and Ever declare their undying love for each other, take a swig

- Whenever Riley is annoying, take a swig

- Whenever you find a Twilight rip off reference, take a swig (man, I’m harsh!)

- Whenever you feel the urge to run out the nearest window because you’re reading Evermore, take Cymbalta a swig

- When (or if) you finish Evermore, take a swig, because you, my friend, conquered this monstrosity

Congratulations! You’ve made it this far and finished the Evermore Drinking Game! (And if you haven’t that’s either because you’re too drunk to function and in intensive care, in the bathroom doing only god knows what, or dead.)

Well, wasn’t this game enjoyable! If one thing’s for certain, it was more enjoyable than Evermore.
378 likes · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.
sign in »

Reading Progress

06/22/2012 "" 13 comments
06/23/2012 page 6
2.0% "Damen is gorgeous. I know this without once looking up.

What? So now people are so gorgeous that you don't even have to look at them to tell that they're gorgeous?" 2 comments
06/23/2012 page 11
4.0% "I get it; Damen's stunning, hot, sexy, gorgeous, hell, even combustible - whatever you've called him so far. I think you've made your point, Ever and classmates. Stop it." 6 comments
06/23/2012 page 27
9.0% "So now when Ever and Damen touch, their surroundings become silent and fade away?

How original!" 2 comments
06/23/2012 page 30
10.0% "Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up.

Ever drops her water bottle, but, before it could reach the floor, Damen appears and, in a non-humanely fast motion, catches the water bottle in both hands, and hands it to Ever.

Does this not ring a huge bell with anyone else? No? Is it just me?" 1 comment
06/23/2012 page 37
12.0% "Everyone needs to stop calling dibs on Damen. Seriously, how old are you? Eight?"
06/23/2012 page 47
15.0% "Ah, so now Damen is in Ever's room at three in the morning!

Gee, this book sure is original!"
06/23/2012 page 54
18.0% "Ah, so now Damen used to be a model.

A freaking model. Oh, joy."
06/23/2012 page 102
33.0% "Did he seriously just say, "You'll always be safe with me"? Can this book be any more of a Twilight rip off?" 20 comments
06/23/2012 page 235
77.0% "This book needs to end."
06/23/2012 page 306
100.0% "Wait.. I'm finished? Is it safe?

"

Comments (showing 1-50 of 88) (88 new)


Blythe I couldn't not buy it! The price, it was taunting me! I honestly don't think I'll like it, given the reviews, but I'm willing to give it a shot!


message 2: by Blythe (last edited Jun 16, 2012 09:58PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Blythe I might read it pretty soon, after I get a few more books out of the way. Thanks. :) I've got to admit, it's pretty intimidating when you say that you plan on reading a book and people come to console you.


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh dear.

*cough* Good luck with that.


message 4: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia Bahhhhahahahahaha. I wish you the best, dear. (:

At our end-of-the-year book club party at school, this was one of the prizes we offered. We told them there was one prize they most certainly did not want, and I pity the fool who pulled it!


message 5: by Rogier (new)

Rogier i pity u lol


Blythe Kelly (Flaming Panda of Fury #1) wrote: "Oh dear.

*cough* Good luck with that."


Haha! And Hush, Hush is $4.99, and House of Night is $2.99! It's like Amazon wants to torment me.


Blythe Rogier wrote: "i pity u lol"

Hahaha, we shall see if I can make it. We shall see.

Thalia wrote: "Bahhhhahahahahaha. I wish you the best, dear. (:

At our end-of-the-year book club party at school, this was one of the prizes we offered. We told them there was one prize they most certainly did n..."


Hahaha! Let's hope I'll make it through!

Jesse *Countess of Cocoa* wrote: "Lol! But I don't want to intimidate you, so no pressure :)
But after you read this book I'm pretty sure it'll be clear why people came to support you :P
I'll make sure to follow your status updates..."


Yikes, that bad, huh? I've seen it labeled as "the worst book I've ever read" and I'm kinda scared.


Giselle *shakes head disappointingly*


message 9: by Blythe (last edited Jun 22, 2012 08:32PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Blythe *whiny voice* But Giseeeeeelle! It was only $2.99! How could I have resisted?


message 10: by Giselle (last edited Jun 22, 2012 08:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Giselle Imagine what you could have BOUGHT with that! Coffee! *gasp* A cupcake!!! Or like 50 bazooka gums (does that still exist). Or GIVE IT TO THE POOR!! Don't you care about the hobos, Blythe!?


Blythe LOL! *smacks head* Doh! Of course; why hadn't I thought of the hobos?!


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL Giselle.


Blythe I finished - and I made it out alive.

Hip hip, HOORAY!


Giselle See! That's 2.99$ you will never see again, and hours of your life taken from you!


message 15: by Blythe (last edited Jun 23, 2012 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Blythe Ah, shuddup. Odds are I'll be reading the next book, but I sure as hell am not paying for it.


Giselle Masochist.


Blythe You know it!


Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} After this drinking game hopefully you'll forget about ever reading Evermore. ;)


Blythe One could only hope! ;)


message 20: by Michelle E. (new) - added it

Michelle E. never read the book, but your review is definitely a great read lol ;)


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

This review is brilliant and your status updates are amazing. I know, I know, I gave it 3 stars. But please forgive me because this was one of the first YA books I read after many years away and my tastes had not developed yet. I don't want to go back, cheat, and change my rating.


Blythe Thanks, Michelle and Kara! And I totally understand, Kara, sometimes I go back on my ratings and think, "I gave that ___ stars?"


message 23: by Valeria (new)

Valeria Andrea Pff, I feel like I'm already high from reading your review. Everything is shifffff...!


Amanda The Book Slayer Love the review ! I don't drink but if I did and played this game I would be. Hahaha ;0)


message 25: by Giselle (last edited Jun 23, 2012 05:13PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Giselle Bahahahaha

I bet Damen likes it better!!


Howdy YAL The sad thing is I think this drinking game would be very adaptable to other books in the genre.


message 27: by MLE (new)

MLE YAL Book Briefs wrote: "The sad thing is I think this drinking game would be very adaptable to other books in the genre."

Yes, yes it would. Hello alcohol poisoning.


Blythe YAL Book Briefs wrote: "The sad thing is I think this drinking game would be very adaptable to other books in the genre."

I agree. I think it'd be applicable to, sadly, most of the books in this genre.

Giselle wrote: "Bahahahaha

I bet Damen likes it better!!"


I bet he would! ;P

Amanda wrote: "Love the review ! I don't drink but if I did and played this game I would be. Hahaha ;0)"

Thanks! ;)


message 29: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia *applauds*

I might have to read the book just to play the drinking game that comes with it! I congratulate you on the function and intact-ness of your sanity!


Blythe Thalia wrote: "*applauds*

I might have to read the book just to play the drinking game that comes with it! I congratulate you on the function and intact-ness of your sanity!"


Thank you, thank you. Oh stop applauding you're making me blush! Don't stop. Honestly, I would love to see what you think of this monstrosity book.

Mallory wrote: "No! That game was NOT fun. I spent hours in the bathroom after. Then when I came out I decided to put that book out of its misery before anyone else read it. I regretted it after because I would lo..."

Hahaha! But think about it: was your little trip to the bathroom more enjoyable than reading this book? Hmmmm?


message 31: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia Yeah, but I have that OCD thing where I have to finish a series once I start it, and I just can't do that to my mind. Especially after the trainwreck that was Fated, dear heavens.

Maybe someday, when I'm rich and old and retired and have tons of free time and money that has nothing to do but burn over these wasted trees.


Howdy YAL I'm tempted to read it only because I seem to get some sort of ridiculous pleasure in reading bad YA books, plus my friend has talked up Evermore endlessly and I sort of like to tell her it sucks. Blythe, if your looking for more heinous YA books might I recommend Halo, Hush Hush, or Fallen (I haven't read this one, but I have heard horrible things about it). I'd be interested in reading any of your reviews on them just for the lolz.


message 33: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia I haven't read the other ones you mentioned, YAL, but I read Fallen and it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. Although I think it's a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing, though I was neither. Looking back on it, it was a little strange, but infinitely better than this series probably is, hahah.

Halo, I look forward to reading, since I also got that for like, two bucks at the used bookstore. OTL.


Blythe I've heard horrible things about those books, too, and I do plan on eventually reading them this year (maybe even this summer). I got Fallen and Torment from the library a few months ago, but put Fallen down after reading a few pages. I'll get it from the library again eventually.


message 35: by Thalia (last edited Jun 23, 2012 06:15PM) (new) - added it

Thalia Read it during your Awful Reading Extravaganza!


Blythe That's what I was planning on doing. I think Hush, Hush, Halo, and Fallen were of the four books in the lineup. I can't remember what the other one was. (But I know Evermore was one of them, so at least I got that out of the way.)


Howdy YAL Lady Blythe wrote: "I've heard horrible things about those books, too, and I do plan on eventually reading them this year (maybe even this summer). I got Fallen and Torment from the library a few months ago, but put F..."

I planned on reading Fallen as well, but our library's copy is falling apart and sort of smells...so I think I might have to do the audio version if there's one available.

@Thalia, Halo is somewhat amusing by the fact it's blatantly written by a Twi-hard you'll see what I mean when you read it.


Blythe Mallory wrote: "Probably... But not as fun as getting rid of it!"

Of course not!


Blythe It wasn't the one I forgot, but I have heard of it (and not the best things, either).


message 40: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia Ooh ooh, don't forget about The Seven Rays. If you're looking for awful, you should definitely give that one a try.


Blythe Oh! I remember the other book. I'm pretty sure it was House of Night by P.C. and Kristen Cast.


Blythe Thalia wrote: "Ooh ooh, don't forget about The Seven Rays. If you're looking for awful, you should definitely give that one a try."

What are you all doing to me?!


message 43: by Thalia (last edited Jun 23, 2012 06:37PM) (new) - added it

Thalia At least if you read that one, you'll get through it quickly. I finished it in about a day because I couldn't let it plague me any longer.

An ending to end all other crappy endings, my friend. Brace yourself. Lucky T is another one.
"Why didn't you tell me I forgot to put on pants and you can see my Hello Kitty underwear?"
"I dunno, you were just so dern cute."

Okay, I'll stop now, this is cruel.


Howdy YAL Here's some more bad book suggestions. There's the Magnolia League. I don't recommend this one really because of the infamous Slate article and I've have some personal issues with the author, but if you want heinous read it. Also, The Cinderella Society is pretty bad too. Sixty pages are spent on makeovers I kid you not.


message 45: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia Oh yeah, TML!

I haven't heard of TCS, but I'm definitely adding it, hahaha.


message 46: by Sarah (SB) ღ (new)

Sarah (SB) ღ Oh! lol, I do love your reviews! The funny thing is, even though this book looks truly awful, your review makes me want to read it a little, just so I get the jokes. *Feels left out in the cold*

Brilliant! I guess there really is no such thing as bad press. ;)


message 47: by Lexie (new) - rated it 1 star

Lexie See, there's a problem with this drinking game: if you drink with water or any non-alcoholic beverage, you'll still be aware of everything in this monstrosity. If you drink with alcohol, you'll be dead long before the end of the book.


message 48: by Inge (new) - rated it 1 star

Inge Hahaha, nice review!


Blythe Sarah wrote: "Oh! lol, I do love your reviews! The funny thing is, even though this book looks truly awful, your review makes me want to read it a little, just so I get the jokes. *Feels left out in the cold*
..."


Thanks, Sarah! While I do advise against it, if you choose to read Evermore I look forward to seeing what you think of it!

Inge the Belgian Chocolate Minx wrote: "Hahaha, nice review!"

Thanks, Inge!

Lexie wrote: "See, there's a problem with this drinking game: if you drink with water or any non-alcoholic beverage, you'll still be aware of everything in this monstrosity. If you drink with alcohol, you'll be..."

Hahaha I know, I mentioned that in the second paragraph. ;P


message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim I love this review and your creativity with it, Blythe! I don't imbibe any more, but I felt really blitzed just from reading your review.:) Fabulous job!


« previous 1
back to top