Andrea's Reviews > Run

Run by Blake Crouch

Jun 17, 12

Read from June 16 to 17, 2012

First of all, I would like to preface my review with a comment on Crouch's writing style and, in particular, his use of sentence fragments. After reading a few pages, I almost put down the book. (It wouldn't be the first time bad grammar has ruined a story for me!) I am so glad now that I kept going! By the time the story really started moving, I was so engrossed that I hardly noticed the fragments anymore! If you're in a similar position, let me assure you that this book is utterly fantastic!

Run is the story of a family trying to survive a world of mass-hysteria and murder on a scale that is impossible for us to truly comprehend. It is a horrifying tale that makes you wonder what you would do if your neighbors, your friends, or even your own loved ones suddenly tried to kill you.

Run is just the right blend of horror and hope. As the story unfolds around Jack, Dee, and their young children, you find yourself drawn to their familiar characters. The family is far from perfect -- but they are the average American family caught in the midst of something they do not understand. Crouch will keep you on the edge of your seat with this story right up until the last line.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Run.