Adele Symonds's Reviews > The Boy Who Stole the Leopard's Spots

The Boy Who Stole the Leopard's Spots by Tamar Myers

Jun 16, 2012

bookshelves: 5-star-books, bestsellersworld-review
Read in May, 2012

sent to me by www.bestsellersworld.com for review

This is a beautifully written, excellent book about murder, superstition, cannibalism, relations between whites and natives, priest and missionaries, slaves and free. A lot of ground is covered in this novel set in the Belgian Congo in two time zones, 1958 and flashbacks to 1935.

The characters are vivid and real and even though I have never been to the Congo I now feel as though I have. The descriptions are so crisp and clear I feel I could draw a map of the area and can see images in my head that are like photographic memories.

The writing style is wonderful as it gives you a clear feel for all the different tribes included as well as the differing personalities of the Belgians, Americans, and English involved.

I enjoyed this mystery novel so much that I intend to add all Tamar Myers other books to my to-read list.

Personal read 5.5: I loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Stole the Leopard's Spots.

message 1: by Barb (new)

Barb Her mystery series, set in an Amish-country B&B, isn't nearly so ... poetic. They're still enjoyable books, and I haven't read this one yet, but I don't think the B&B books are as well-written as this one sounds.

Adele Symonds thanks for the comment Barb, hope you enjoy it when you can get a copy.