Julie Barrett's Reviews > The Things I Do For You

The Things I Do For You by Mary Carter

Jun 16, 12

Read in June, 2012

The Things I Do For You by Mary Carter
Bailey Jordan has worked while her husband, Brad stayed home, til the day his aunt came and they went for a drive. The accident killed the aunt and left him in a coma for weeks. UPon recuperating he learned he was to inherit half a million and got her jaguar. He spent his time online and bought a lighthouse and now wants to turn it into a bed and breakfast. He thinks his wife can commute, it's only 2 hours one way. She just wants to get pregnant and stay in the city and sell real estate.
Fascinating to learn about when the lighthouse was first lit in the 1800's using whale oil and what they used over the years. A lot of strange happenings are about the lighthouse and the house they live in.
They somehow survive on the island doing some DIY projects to get the house up to par so they can start having guests by the spring. Money is running out even when they sell things and Brad has a lot of deep dark secrets that he knows he has to share with Bailey, but maybe just not all of them.
The guests start to arrive, the committee does not pay and then some paying guests arrive and we get to read not only Brad's journal but the guest book at the entry to the B&B. When the relatives come in the fall most of the mysteries are out of the hat but they are there to pick up the pieces.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Things I Do For You.