Lori L (She Treads Softly) 's Reviews > This World We Live In

This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Jun 16, 12

Read in June, 2012

This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer is the third book in the young adult trilogy that began with Life as We Knew It and was followed by The Dead and the Gone. This World We Live In continues the story of the characters from the first two books, Miranda and Alex. In this third book protagonists Miranda and Alex meet when Alex and his sister are traveling companions who are accompanying her returning father and stepmother. In This World We Live In, Pfeffer returns to the narrative being told through Miranda's journal entries so all the action is filtered through her eyes.

This final installment of the YA series just didn't grab my attention as much as the first two did. Miranda seemed more like a whiny thirteen year old rather than a seventeen year old who has struggled to lived through a world wide disaster. In the end I didn't actually care for any of the characters and finished the book simple for closure to the series. And the romance with Alex was absurd. It didn't even make sense.

If you've read the first two books you will probably want to read This World We Live In. In that regard it is recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This World We Live In.