Beanbag Love's Reviews > Carnal Gift

Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare

Jun 16, 12

I really enjoyed this book. It's the second in Clare's Kenleigh/Blakewell trilogy and I think I might have liked it the most. I read the whole series out of order -- third one, then the first one, then the second one -- but it didn't throw me. Pamela Clare is pretty good at making each of her stories unique and independent from the others in a series.

So, this is the last PC book I had to read until Defiant. I'm proud of myself for holding off as long as I did.

Definite 4.5. Good chemistry from the leads, interesting setting, decent suspense. All the things I like in a historical. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carnal Gift.

Buggy I read this series out of order too. Wonder why we all did that?

Beanbag Love Did you read Ride the Fire first? I think I read that one first because it gets the most attention of this early trilogy. Normally I wouldn't do that, but I think I thought at the time that it was a one-shot.

Buggy Thats exactly what I did and why. Guess you answered my question. LOL
I'm probably going to reread this series (in order) when it gets rereleased with the added content etc.

Beanbag Love The time period is so fascinating. And such a great refreshing change of pace from typical historicals. Have you read Defiant yet? I think it's the best of the MacKinnon series, and Untamed was already a 5-star for me.

Buggy Totally agree, a very refreshing change of pace from the regents or western historicals.Its also interesting as a Canadian because they contain some of our French history.

Yes I have read Defiance, loved it but still not as much as Iain's book Surrender.

Beanbag Love Surrender is the favorite of so many people, but of the three, it's probably my least fave. Not that it's bad, far from it! It's an excellent historical. I just loved Untamed and Defiant even more.