Cassidy's Reviews > Death of a Salesman

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

F_50x66
Jun 16, 12

bookshelves: plays, favorites

I really liked this play. Let me tell you why!

First off, the characters are incredibly human. I felt each of them were real people and I was getting a glimpse into their very dysfunctional lives. The father blindly admires his son to the point of idolization. But the problem is, his son is nowhere close to the person he dreams of. This, inversely, leaves a feeling of disappointment in the man who had so much potential.

Maybe I'm a biased reviewer, because I strongly related to Biff's character. But, I think because the characters are so raw that everyone can find a bit of themselves in the play. Perhaps in the passive mother, who let's people walk all over her; the father, who has worked his hardest and ultimately gains nothing; Happy, who is in the perfect position to help those around him, but is too focused on his life to lift a finger; or Biff, who has the burden of playing along as to avoid upsetting his father.

After reading you're left with a lot of food for thought. Is it true that personality can buy you all the riches of talent...The power of our choices...Dreams...etc. I suggest you read it, and see what you get most out of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death of a Salesman.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

David Sarkies I wouldn't call you a biased reviewer. All reviews are biased, it is the nature of a review. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the play.

Cassidy David wrote: "I wouldn't call you a biased reviewer. All reviews are biased, it is the nature of a review. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the play."
Thank you, David. :)