Sydney's Reviews > Predestined

Predestined by Abbi Glines

Jun 21, 12

Recommended for: Yasmine
Read on June 21, 2012

In my former review of Existence (book #1) I mentioned some things which were bothering me while reading. After reading this one I have to swallow up those words! This was a very good book! I had a comment on Death not being too busy etc. and even that was explained in this one. Also there was no more repetition of anything, or at least none that stood out to me.

The 'wtf-ville' factor however was still very present! From the beginning to the end I found the whole 'voodoo spirit lord' just weird. However Vampire Diaries being the weirdest shit I've ever read and seeing it also on True Blood made it seem oke. Speaking of which, they watch Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl and listen to Three Doors Down, seriously props to the writer's great taste!

I don't know if it's just me but I've been in a lot of situations lately where I'm stuck between 2 other people and for whatever reason they're fighting, I understand both sides but cannot help or will choose between either!
-Be warned for possible spoilers!-
The reason I'm mentioning this is because if this book was attempting a love-triangle then it was one of the best ones I've read in a long time! I don't hate Dank nor Leif however I'm rooting for both of them. Despite everything Leif has done or more accurate his father has done, I don't hate or dislike the kid. He can't help the situation he and Pagan are in. So in that department this book had a very open end. Also on contrary to what Pagan thinks or likes to think, Leif wasn't that selfish and weak in the end after all. He did let her go..

I looked forward to book #3!
OH! Almost forgot this:
description
^ That is basically Dank/Death.. I mean come on!

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Predestined.