Laura's Reviews > Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World

Oct 26, 08

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction, read-2008, books-on-books, animals
Recommended to Laura by: GR team
Read in October, 2008

An unforgettable story about a cat and his power to change our lives forever!!
12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dewey.

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit I'm looking forward to reading this. I'm like #100 or so on the hold list at the library. Might be a while.....

Laura I hope you will enjoy it. It reminds me the story of my second cat who was abandoned in a similar way as Dewey. I am starting Devil's Brood today.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Misfit I love stories about kitties. Misfit the kittycat was a tiny little bit of a feral kitten who got lost in our warehouse. The guys didn't know she was there until they started finding kitty poop in the stucco mix :)

We trapped her and brought her inside thinking she'd be forever grateful to us for saving her, but no us humans we're devils brood (pun) and she'd have nothing to do with us. We finally figured to put her back out in the wild and had her neutered first, but she was so cute we didn't have the heart. Eventually we socialized her and I took her home. She's very sweet and you'd never know she was a human hating she-devil but she does go to the beat of a different drummer, hence the name.

Laura As I told you, the cats have the power to change our lifes forever, despite of everything.

message 5: by Misfit (new)

Misfit This was one kitty who definitely changed my life, and for the better :)

Stop over to hfonline when you have a chance. Susan went researching and posted a bunch of info and photos of Henry and Eleanor's castles and some abbeys. Good stuff.

Laura I will give a look at hfonline later on, I am curious now, thanks.

Sharon The book is thoughtful and poignant--loved your review!!

Laura a sequel of this book has been published last year but I'm not sure if it's so good as the first book.

Laura thanks Mia

Laura thanks Jennifer

msleighm I didn't know there was a sequel. My last six (out of eight) cats have been feral/strays. I've adopted out three of them and one has a cat door into my basement for bad weather. So that leaves four; the first two were shelter kittens. So many kitty's.

Laura I wonder if the sequel is so good as the first book.

message 13: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Laura, and all the ladies, the sequel is just as good.

message 14: by Laura (last edited Dec 23, 2013 04:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura Wanda wrote: "Laura, and all the ladies, the sequel is just as good."

Ohhh, don't tell me Wanda. Thanks for the like.

Laura thanks Killer