Stefan's Reviews > Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Blood

Wonder Woman, Vol. 1 by Brian Azzarello

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novels
Read on June 30, 2012

I won a copy on Goodreads Firstreads.

This is the first Wonder Woman graphic novel I have ever read (it consists of issues #1 through #6), most of what I have read of her has been in the Justice League series. I never knew of Diana's origins, what little I had read came just from bits and pieces from other graphic novels where she was a secondary character. Volume 1: Blood brought everything into much sharper focus.

I liked the role the gods played in her origins, her interactions with mother, and with her fellow amazonians. I am not sure if this is something new or has always been part of the Wonder Woman mythos, but it worked really well with the story.

The artwork was exceptional and worked well with the story.

The book concludes with a nice cliffhanger and I will certainly add the next installment to my reading list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wonder Woman, Vol. 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Abhinav The next installment should be out sometime in mid-fall. By the way, I'd definitely recommend the Wonder Woman Direct-to-DVD animated movie (it was awesome, Nathan Fillion voices one of the characters!) and the Justice League animated TV Series.