Amy Bradsher's Reviews > Glamorous Illusions

Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Jun 16, 12

When it all comes right down to it ... I really liked this book. Couldn't put it down, in fact - I stayed up half the night to finish it. Cora is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of girl, and I like that. She's very honest and hardworking, dedicated to her family, and yet she sees life with the same kind of rosy glow that most of us do who have not yet been fully on our own.

The drama of Cora's situation is intense, and Bergren well describes the emotional roller coaster that Cora experiences. Beyond the family drama, Bergren does a fantastic job of taking the reader on a tour through parts of beautiful, traditional, luxurious Europe. I loved reading about the grand buildings and the history from the tour's perspective. While I'm glad I don't need to be 'finished' by such a tour, it was really exciting to read about.

Glamorous Illusions is the first in the Grand Tour Trillogy. Caught up in the excitement of the Tour, I forgot that - and was enthusiastically reading along, anticipating the conclusion of a love spark, when suddenly the book ended! That was definitely my only negative to the book. To learn about the next segment in the series, we'll have to wait for the next book - and I'm waiting quite impatiently!

I received a free copy of Glamorous Illusions from Litfuse Publicity in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glamorous Illusions.