kasjo_peja's Reviews > Another Enchanted April

Another Enchanted April by Eric Arvin

Jun 18, 12

bookshelves: disability-illness, friends-and-family-stuff, m-m, short-novella
Read in June, 2012

The whole book has a bit of dream-like quality. I loved the idea of 'enchanted' garden, in a beautiful mansion, in a picturesque little town. It's not a paranormal story with real magic involved, but there is 'something in the air' that forces three friends to reevaluate their life's choices.
At the beginning I alternatively pitied them or felt contempt reading about their self-destructive ways, but slowly they changed and grew (some faster, some slower). People who facilitate the change - a wise, down-to-earth cook Anna and a mysterious, philosophical gardener Sal - could together write a book "How to find a Happiness in Life". I underlined several beautiful passages in the book where they spoke. I also liked the gentle humor of the writing style.
Romance is not the most important part of the story, personal growth is. There isn't even a definite HEA, the new found loves being fresh and the the future unsure.
I started the novella with different expectations, but I don't regret reading the beautiful story. I recommend it to everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Enchanted April.