Mary Elizabeth's Reviews > Deeper

Deeper by Megan Hart

Jun 19, 12

bookshelves: megan-hart-is-my-hero
Read from June 16 to 18, 2012

Just as a warning, my review will have some spoilers.

So, I'm on this huge Megan Hart kick, and I'm quickly reading everything she's written. Dirty was my first; I loved it. I read Broken next, and in the last two days I've read Deeper, which was so, so different from the previous two ... but not bad. Not bad at all.

Megan's books are catagorized as erotica, but I'm quickly learning they are so much more than that. Her writing is very emotional and sexy, and realistic. I like sex as much as the next girl, but it's the smut in erotica that usually throws me off. That is not the case here. She writes sensual sex, quick sex, hard and soft sex ... love making, and it's all fun to read. It's not overdone or too much. It's enough to make me blush and squeeze my thighs.

Deeper has a fantastic plot, and I loved the switch between the past and present. Bess, whose family owned a beach house, met the bad boy and quickly fell in love. Without giving too much away, at the end of summer she was left with a choice. Andy, her boyfriend of four years, or Nick, the summer love.

To me, the chioce was easy, but this is a book.

"I can be there in three hours." This was the most romantic part in the entire book, and it made me cry my eyes out. But I won't tell you why.

Twenty years later, her past come back from the dead, and it's an emotional rollercoaster!

While I loved this book, I felt like there was something missing, and I think that something was the lack of "I love you" from Nick. Especially in the end. I just don't understand why it wasn't there. We got the entire history of Bess and Nick, and it was so awesome, so why did Megan leave that part out?

The end left me wanting more. I got it, and I even expected it, but it was done so quickly. And while it was good, it could have been epic.

I want it so bad I might write it myself. Megan Hart fan fiction, anyone?

Yes, please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper.

06/17/2012 page 84
22.0% "they should make this into a movie"
06/17/2012 page 160
43.0% ""Toast smella like sex." lol. it kind if does!"
06/17/2012 page 178
47.0% "omg! joe from Broken is in this book! i love now all of her books tie together!!!" 1 comment
06/17/2012 page 178
06/18/2012 page 273
73.0% "oh, shit! what is it about these Megan Hart books that make me cry my eyes out! ugh... i can't gake it. it's so sad!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laury (new) - added it

Laury Lets start a new trend of fanfiction!!! lol

Anthonaya I could not agree more! I feel unresolved because he never told her he loved her b4 he went. Wth! I loved it I cried but I felt his unfinished business was telling her he did love her the end was too quickly wrapped up. Bugs me!