steph 's Reviews > Confessions from an Arranged Marriage

Confessions from an Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville

Jun 16, 2012

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012, enjoyable, library-la-county, romance, romance-regency, books-with-earls-dukes-viscounts
Read on June 16, 2012

I picked this up on a whim last week because it was new (No, really. 9 times out of ten the small library by my house has only old and well worn paperbacks and sometimes it's icky) but I'm glad I did because this book was good. Minerva Montrose and Lord Blakeney have known each other since they were children, their family country homes are within 3 miles of each other. Although with a ten year age difference and the fact that Blake will someday be a Duke, their paths haven't really crossed. Until the evening that Lord Blakeney's parents give Minerva her coming out ball (Minerva's sister married Blake's cousin so she's nee family) and Blake mistakes her for another lady and well, they have no choice but to marry.

I liked this. I liked this alot. I like how they both don't want this marriage but they have no choice and how they each think the worst of the other but time goes on, they realize that maybe they didn't really know the person that they married. I like that they kept secrets from each other and they didn't fall into lust or love right away because again, they barely knew it each other. Instead it took time and effort and work and it shows. By the end, I completely believed in them and their relationship. I haven't read any other books by this author but if this book was anything to go on, I will definitively try to find some. I liked her writing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions from an Arranged Marriage.