Secretobcession's Reviews > Cleave

Cleave by Mickie B. Ashling

Jun 16, 12

Read in June, 2012

Angst lovers take heart...there's plenty to go around in this book for sure.

It's not very often that I bother to write a review on a book I've recently read. Usually a book has to make a pretty deep impression on me, before I feel the need to share my experience. "Cleave" by Mickie B. Ashling is such a book.

I sooooo enjoyed books 1 & 2 in the "Cutting Cords" series, so it was a no brainer that I would be buying & reading the 3rd and final installment into the lives of Cole & Sloan. This book picks up about 9 months down the road from where the 2nd book ended (the big break-up) Even though, the book (and series for that matter) is written from both their points of view, I feel they mainly center around Sloan. To sum the book "Cleave" up...birth, death, heartache, relationships and a wedding. Now it's up to you to find out who gets what, as I don't want to spoil the fun for you.

Hmmm, perhaps this might not be the last book of the series, as I've read other people say...there might just be room for a 4th book. But if not, it's easy to assume the future for these men without a 4th.

Have you ever read a book where you'd just love to meet the characters in real life? (as if they were actually real people) Sloan & Cole are characters I feel I'd love to meet. I love it when a author's work is so believable, that it makes the characters & their stories become a part of your life.

While, perhaps the book it doesn't end as some people might feel it should, the characters all showed growth and maturity, making the ending a reasonable conclusion for sure in my mind. Everyone seemed happy now with the choices they made in the end. I think Sloan is still a work in progress and will always have issues that crop up, but his partner has the knowledge & love to keep him centered.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cleave.