Renee's Reviews > Even Vampires Get the Blues

Even Vampires Get the Blues by Katie MacAlister

Jun 16, 12

Read in June, 2012

Hero Paen Scott is a soulless vampire in a real bind - he has five days to return a missing statue to its demonic owner or his mother's immortal soul is forfeit for eternity. In desperation, he engages the investigative services of Eye Scry, run by a rather flighty faerie named Clare and an alluring half-elf named Samantha.

Samantha is a failed Diviner, who got kicked out of the formal Order after a moonlight scrying session goes horribly wrong. But she still has a talent for finding lost items, and so before the ink's even dry on the sign out front, she finds herself with her first client. A really hot Dark One who makes it all but impossible to keep their relationship professional.

This was a fun, funny book with more twists and turns than a crazy straw. I liked the characters, even if Clare's "If I only had a brain" moments (like crying over a ruined gown) drove me nuts. Just when you think you've got a handle on who - and WHAT - everyone is, Katie MacAlister throws you a curve. Keeps you guessing until the end. Enjoyed it very much!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Even Vampires Get the Blues.