Jack Chapman's Reviews > Losing My Virginity: How I've Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way

Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson

Jul 01, 12

Read in January, 2012

A lot of CEOs have written, or had written for them, biographies extolling their extraordinary lives, their struggles to reach the top, the secrets of their incredible business acumen. Very few of them ever made as much money as Richard Branson, and none of them ever had so much fun with it.

Branson is the most amazing character, highly focussed but with a vast range of interests, a James Bond in a jumper. But what really makes him unique among the captains of stratospheric enterprise is that he seems to have remained a genuinely likeable human being.

Am I jealous of his money, luck, success and adventures? Damn right. I should declare I once had a publishing contact with Virgin Books from which, after far too much effort, I made not a cent thanks to creative differences with a clueless control freak of a Virgin editor. Branson would have forged on and against-the-odds quickly turned the experience into an triumph. I forged on. But I still think he's a hero.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing My Virginity.