Beth Cutwright's Reviews > Shadowland

Shadowland by C.M. Gray

Aug 06, 12

Read from July 04 to 28, 2012

I enjoyed this book mostly because it was outside the normal parameters of what I read and that was in itself refreshing. It was told by a very aged Usher Vance and all through the book, I felt as if I was one of the many gathered around Usher and the inn's huge fireplace listening to his exaggerated tale of action and adventure!! The Characters were very well developed and all throughout, I felt their emotions just as they had. Those emotions ran from shock, fear, outrage, cold, nausea, pain, remorse, more pain and more fear! But when we're talking a time well past, when history was being made and countries were up for grabs, what other emotions could these soldiers and patriots have shared.....except victory for their own survival and that of their country!

The pages of this book revealed so much action and so much adventure, it really was hard to put down. And I loved how it tied the history of King Arthur's predecessors in to such a nice little package! If you love action/adventure, legends and lore, grab yourself an ale and join the crowd gathered around the fireplace and the old storyteller! You just might learn a thing or two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowland.