Michelle Rowen's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

2050485
Jun 16, 12

The writing was questionable and needed a strict red pen applied to it (if she mentioned her inner goddess one more time I was going to spank her myself, and not in a good way), but the characters were fascinating, especially Christian. I actually didn't want to like it, but it turned out to be completely different than I expected (I expected a version of Eyes Wide Shut or *shudder* The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty). In reality, it's a really sweet, if messed up romance between a creature of darkness and a creature of light (and I love that!). Have purchased sequel. Am trying to resist starting it.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Atenas your gonna love it wait til the third book :D they're amazing they only get better!

Jennie Sweet!

Jennie I enjoyed The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty more and have recommended it to others that have liked this book. I think people are misunderstanding a S and M relationship, reading the book and then disliking it.

Andie Long totally agree Michelle x

message 5: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Brooks found the sequel to Fifty Shades of Grey looking to free e-books FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK AND BLUE THE AUTHOR IS I B NAUGHTIE

Claudia On the third book now... Still living every moment of it.. You might as well read them all. You will enjoy the read, believe me :)

Carly Nicholas I'm curious about these books, it has peaked my interest in erotic books now. Although i'm too embarassed to go and buy them in a book shop, i'll buy them online.

Juan Yes

Rebekah Crain I'm about half way into myself, and the inner goddess crap is seriously getting on my nerves too.