Shing's Reviews > Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative

Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon

Jul 11, 12

Recommended to Shing by: mico
Recommended for: pia, anapat, shaniqua
Read from June 16 to July 08, 2012, read count: 1

to be honest, when i started out reading this book, i was really doubting it. i'm not much of a self-help-book or a improve-your-life-book person but this was just amazingly written, i couldn't help but read through it.

what i find amazing about this book is that it's just totally straight to the point. it's easy enough to read and it's really short for a improve-book -- REAL short, but it just said the right things in a span of 2-3 pages.

i also found it really inspiring -- instead of the usual 'story-suggest-expound-highlight statement again and again' formula, it just told you straight out what you should be doing. it's just up to you whether or not you act upon those suggestions (for me, just a tiny fraction of it weren't so much applicable in my life. i'm not an artist, mind you, but maybe if i tried hard enough, i can bend those ideas somewhat to suit my lifestyle).

overall, it's just one amazing book that i think people should read at least once. yes, i'm about to steal it from my boyfriend (but i think he'll mind :|)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal Like an Artist.

07/01/2012 page 64
40.0% "I LOVE THIS BOOK -- nuff said."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pi (new) - added it

Pi GURL YOU HAVE A COPY OF THIS BOOK?? HOW WHAT WERE WHY

Shing Pi wrote: "GURL YOU HAVE A COPY OF THIS BOOK?? HOW WHAT WERE WHY"

it's my boyfriend's :)) he got it in kinokuniya in singapore D: he pushed me to read it :))

message 3: by Pi (new) - added it

Pi Oh 5 points to your boyfriend then!

Shing Pi wrote: "Oh 5 points to your boyfriend then!"

if i get a copy of my own, i promise to lend :D

message 5: by Pi (new) - added it

Pi Awww thanks, Shing, you are a goddess!