Zuleeza's Reviews > What She Left Behind

What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen

Jul 14, 12

bookshelves: debut-author-read-in-2012
Read from June 20 to 22, 2012

This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

I don't always read realistic fictions but when I do, I..

I..

Damn ninjas cutting onions!

So...it took me a full month before I finally posted a full review. The thought occurred everyday within that one month. I had been thinking, was it laziness? Was it lack of mood?

I simply didn't want to go back there again, among those trees in the cover.

This is why I rarely read realistic fictions or watching documentary about abuse, poverty and such. I hate thinking, 'This shit happens, alright? More than I know. Everyday'. Oh well, I need to stop being a coward, am I?

This book is told from a sixteen years old girl POV. The voice sounded like how I would imagine a sixteen years old girl feels like. Very impressive writing.

While the book dealt with a heavy subject which is abuse, the romance is still incorporated but I didn't like it that much because everything between Sara and the boy who has crush on her happened too fast (It's a short book anyway and well, the romance is not the subject matter of the book a-ny-way).

I'm still not sure what to make of the idea that Sara has to write an assay for every English class based on different one word each time. I mean, for sixteen years old students, that method of teaching seems...fitting only for seven years old students?

Everything else about this book was mesmerizing, so I hope more people will read this someday.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What She Left Behind.

06/20/2012 ""I sometimes have this dream that I'm drowning in a giant bowl of oatmeal"

Loved the opening!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Plainqoma (new) - added it

Plainqoma can't wait for the review!

message 2: by Zuleeza (last edited Jun 21, 2012 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zuleeza Thanks! But most likely the review will come after I finished with my exam which is Thursday next week *screams*

Ehem..don't worry I'll be fine actually, I can't stop screaming because I'm so panic Watch out for the review! ^_^

message 3: by Aa'Ishah (new) - added it

Aa'Ishah This looks really good. Can't wait to read your review! :)

message 4: by Larissa :) (new)

Larissa :) Love the gif.. just saying :P