Asia's Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Mar 25, 2013

I cannot wait for this book to finally come out! First off, the cover looks absolutely fantastic. It has the same concept as it did in the first book, but this time it looks as if the girl is reaching out to the boy for help. In the first book, the girl had been fully immersed in the water, with a boy wrapping his arms around, as if weighing her down. As it was in the first book, the book cover is still beautiful and resembles what the book will be about and is as if a metaphor for it.
The title sounds so well-fit for the next book of the series. It just... fits. I mean, it goes from the unbecoming, to the evolution. To me, it sounds as if she's finally healing from her past misfortunes and leading on to a better life where she's not constantly haunted by nightmares and hallucinations of the accident. Although, in the synopsis, it says that a past figure from her life will be back. Even if she doesn't have nightmares, she now has a real person from her past life that is coming back to remind her of the accident and that now knows of her deep secret.
The summary was the best part. I had finally learned what this book will be about and how Mara will 'evolve', as to say. However, I felt a tad disappointed that they hadn't had anymore information on the book. I cannot wait to see who this mysterious past life person is, and how they will affect the story line and plot.
I sincerely do hope that the book will leave me breathless and turning page after page until I'm done. It seems as dark, thrilling and suspenseful as the previous and I hope that the date of publication will come faster than it actually is posted for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.