Angie's Reviews > The Theory of Attraction

The Theory of Attraction by Delphine Dryden

Dec 14, 14

bookshelves: adult, netgalley, read-2012
Read in July, 2012

I received a free digital copy through Net Galley.

If you're looking for a quick, smoking hot read with the sexiest rocket scientist known to man, The Theory of Attraction is the book for you! Wow! Professor Ivan Reynolds may not be the most sociable or charming person around, but get him into the bed room and he's beyond confident and in control. His neighbor Camilla may be able to set her clock by Ivan's predictable daily routine, but she has no idea about his secret, BDSM lifestyle until they begin private lessons on proper social behavior.

One thing that I did not like about this book (aside from it being too short, I wanted more Professor!) was how Ivan called Cami a "slut" during their sexcapades. He only says it twice, but I felt like it was unnecessary and uncalled for. As a Dom, I was expecting him to be a bit, well dominant, but also respectful and caring, since BDSM requires trust. I don't think I would feel very respected or cared for if I was being called a slut while willingly submitting to my partner. Other than that, this is a very enjoyable, sweet, and ultra steamy read.

Read more of my reviews at Pinkindle Reads & Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Theory of Attraction.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bark's Book Nonsense Sounds interesting if I block out the "slut" bit :)

willaful BarkLessWagMore wrote: "Sounds interesting if I block out the "slut" bit :)"

I didn't like that part either, but it seems to be a fairly common part of that sort of play, so I wasn't upset by it.