Crystal 's Reviews > Taking Shots

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read on June 15, 2012

My thoughts
I really loved “taking Shots” as stated in the synopsis Elli is an insecure photographer who doesn’t think she deserves love from the Sexy Shea Alder, the professional hockey player.

Elli, what a character, sometimes I loved her and then sometimes I just wanted to yell at her to get herself together. But you couldn’t be mad at Elli for all her insecurities because her family put her through the ringer. Her mother is the mother from hell, her sister is like the evil step-sister from Cinderella, her brothers are basically incapable of taking up for her, and the only family she can trust is her father and Uncle. They love her unconditionally, and are always there for her. Then you have the Ex-boyfriend that she was with for years, that basically just killed her emotional. I mean I hated these characters’, who does that to a person?

Then we have Shea who has it all, the amazingly career, and the perfect family, bimbos hanging off him left and right. But all that soon changes when he meets Elli, now he wants the ultimate dream: Love and he wants that with Elli. You will fall in love with Shea, he is the perfect boyfriend. Everything he does is with Elli in mind and he thinks she is perfect just the way she is.

We have their best friends Jakob (loved the way that’s spelled) and harper, who are crazy in their own way, but perfect friends to both Elli and Shea.

Also I love the length, even though it had a lot pages but I was never bored, and I actually enjoy long novels.

(Before I continue to rant I will wrap it up :D)
Overall, I loved this book! The characters were entertaining, the villains make you hate them, and the plot was well thought out and executed perfectly.

I can’t wait to read move from this author!
Characters: 5/5
Writing/error: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Ending: 5/5 Great, I love it when books have an epilogue
Would I recommend it: Yes!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Shots.