bella's Reviews > Thumped

Thumped by Megan McCafferty

Jun 17, 2012

liked it
Read from June 15 to 17, 2012

Thumped is the sequel to Bumped, a dystopian set in a world where a virus means that women and men, as adults, cannot conceive. Older women turn to teens to fall pregnant for them.

I really liked Bumped. It was a fun dystopian with pre-teens wearing fun bumpz, pregnant bellies they could strap on until the day when they were able to fall pregnant. I like Melody and Harmony, the twin girls who are the center of the story. Harmony lives in a Christian village and will only procreate when she's married, while Melody has a large contract to procreate with someone named Jondoe.

I didn't enjoy Thumped as much. It was still a good read, but it wasn't outstanding.

It saw Melody faking a pregnancy as Harmony had met, fallen in love and fallen pregnant to Jondoe. Meanwhile Melody is falling for her best friend, Zen.

As I said it was a good read but I didn't feel invested in the characters anymore.

For fans of dystopia and wanting a lighter read then I do recommend this series. I definitely will read more books by this author, but this one was only okay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thumped.

06/15/2012
06/16/2012
20.0% "Flying through this. It's like dystopia candy but still funny. Definitely different to what I usually read."
06/16/2012
43.0% "Enjoyable but not screaming fantastic."
show 1 hidden update…

Maddie I liked Thumped better than Bumped. It was more fast-paced, and Harmony and Melody became more realistic.