Ellen's Reviews > The Ghost and the Femme Fatale

bookshelves: mystery-paranormal, my-favorites
Read in June, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A mystery within a mystery, June 15, 2012
By Ellen Rappaport (Florida) - See all my reviews

This review is from: The Ghost and the Femme Fatale (Haunted Bookshop Mysteries, No. 4) (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read all the books in the haunted bookshop mystery and love it. The biggest problem I have is not wanting the story to end. The book really brings me into the bookshop and I'm there with Penelope and Jack and her Aunt.

The strangest thing about this series is Jack. Jack, a ghost from the 1940's, brings another dimension into the story. First he is with Pen in the bookshop then in a later book he's able to be with Pen outside the bookshop as long as she carries the buffalo coin with her. This brought Pen's and Jack's relationship to another level. But now that Penelope is dreaming that she's with Jack in the 1940's era this opens up an entirely new enviorment for them and the reader. The become involved in another mystery within the first mystery. Love it.

Now could I ask for anything more? Well, could I? Evidently, the author thought I could and so Jack is becoming more and more sensual...as least in Penelope's mind and my mind. I can't imagine how I could feel that a ghost could be sexually attractive but Pen does and guess what? so do I!

Just sorry when I finish one of these great books...I just want to get into another one.

A great series with surprises you've never thought of...enjoy!
Ellen

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Femme Fatale.