Shirari Industries's Reviews > Creating a Life Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities

Creating a Life Together by Diana Leafe Christian

Feb 11, 09

bookshelves: house-and-home, education, unexpectedly-amazing
Recommended to Shirari by: Sugati and Chris
Recommended for: intentional community folks; people looking for cheaper, more humane ways to live
Read in February, 2009, read count: 2

When I found this book, I jotted down, "looks like the way to go if you're working on an ecovillage or intentional community project and don't want to doom it to failure." Two careful reads later, I'm pretty sure I was right, and we're using the book to guide our own ecovillage project as it forms. This volume is jam-packed with insights into the many legal, financial, social, and other issues surrounding the complicated but world-changing subject of intentional community. There are sample agreements, vision documents, financial arrangements, and other useful tools. The author is a member of Earthaven community, and her book draws on interviews and research into many communities all around the world.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creating a Life Together.