Brandy's Reviews > Sovereign Hope

Sovereign Hope by Frankie Rose

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: arc-s, review-copy
Read from June 15 to 18, 2012

Wow! This was a fantastic YA story and the cover is very eye catching! It takes a lot to wow me when it comes to YA but this book was amazing! Enter the world full if immortals but not the usual kind you read about....
Sovereign Hope starts out with a girl named Farley, her Mother left work early one day and hasn't been seen since and that was six months ago. Farley is just shy of turned 18 and is in her last year of High School, her best friend Tess is all she has left since her Father died before she was born.While on her way home one day she realizes that she's being followed, in her haste to get away she doesn't realize the vehicle in front of her has stopped and she slams into the back of them.The events that unfold have Farley questioning reality especially a boy trying to save her named Daniel.
Farley finds out the people after her are Reavers, Immortal people who live in tunnels under the city and steal Mortals life forces. I loved how the story developed and the way the plot really thickens with each bit of knowledge Farley collects. Daniel does everything he can to keep Farley safe from the Reavers even going against his heart. The pull with these two characters is intense and the secondary character's are fantastic as well! Farley tries to deny her attraction while Daniel thinks by pushing her away that she will not give into her feelings. Daniels a bad boy that everyone is going to love.
I highly recommend getting a copy of this book, I'm sure my review doesn't do the book justice but I hope it's enough to intrigue your curiosity. Full of action, a love that tries to be denied and the discovery of an underground world that Farley has ties to. Oh and of course Daniel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sovereign Hope.